Day 10 : Perseverance
“Perseverance is an active patience, a patience that marches on.” – Sri Aurobindo
The much loved and potent story of Savitri, whose dogged pursuit made Yama, the God of Death, relent and return her husband Satvayan to life, is a shining example of the power of perseverance.
- Where in the story do you find the quality of Perseverance?
- How is the main character of Savitri in the story relevant in today’s day and age?
- Do I consider Perseverance a strength?
- In what situation do I find myself being persevering? In what relationship do I find myself being persevering?
- On a scale of 1-10, how do I rate myself as persevering and why?
- If I were to be honest with myself knowing that I am completely accepted for who I am, what is it that stops me from being persevering?
- If I were to relax something that blocks me from being persevering, what is it? What can I relax & let go, offer it up to my higher-self for release now?
Invitation to Commitment
What specific behaviour will I adopt, that demonstrates Perseverance to me and others?
Share your experience of the power of Perseverance on our private group.
Co-author – Shakti Leadership