Day 12 : Receptivity
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.” – Isaac Asimov
Receptivity is the willingness to be able or inclined to receive, especially, to be open and responsive to ideas, impressions, or suggestions. The acceptance of what comes your way, with positivity and making the most of it.
It is a much needed quality at two levels:
- To be able to see the Truth in different points of view and to be able to include and integrate it so as to expand our vision and see the bigger picture in order to make better informed decisions.
- To be able to receive guidance and grace from our own inner /higher-self, and to surrender to it; act on it.
- Do I consider Receptivity as my strength?
- In what situation do I find myself being receptive? In what relationship do I find myself being receptive?
- On a scale of 1-10 how do I rate myself as receptive and why?
- If I were to be honest with myself knowing that I am completely accepted for who I am, what is it that stops me from being receptive?
- If I were to relax something that blocks me from being receptive, what is it? And what can I relax and let go, offer up to my higher-self, for release now?
Can I receive with my whole being? Not just my mind, but also through my senses, and my body? Try this today…
Practice being Deep and Wide:
One very effective practice as you go through your day, is to breathe deeply, feeling yourself become deep and wide, as a vessel that can enlarge to hold more. Do this especially when you are challenged or stressed or triggered by something or someone. Instead of contracting, which is our normal reaction, see if you can pause, and then deepen and widen your energetic vessel. Allowing the pressure in the moment to decompress inside. Defuse the tension. Allow the energy to move inside and get absorbed by the body’s intelligence.
Invitation to Commitment
- What is it that I commit to, that will make me receptive under all circumstances?
- What specific behaviour will I adopt, that demonstrates Receptivity to me and others?
When we persevere and aspire, we also have to be able to receive the Grace that comes in response! Else it will flow away like water off a duck’s back. Receptivity completes the practice of the earlier two Shakti traits.
Stay open, stay receptive today. And share how the day may turn out different as a result!
Co-author – Shakti Leadership