Day 15 : Goodness
“Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.” – Dennis Prager
The final four of the twelve petals of The Mother’s Symbol gently turn us towards our fellow creatures, and how best we may relate to them.
Today’s quality, Goodness, is simply, the quality of being good. And carrying a belief in the basic goodness of humankind.
“Let your heart be the home of a luminous goodness. Let it govern your whole being.” – The Mother
Practice for today: SEEING THE GOOD
Acknowledging ‘My Good’ and calling out ‘What’s Good’ in others.
- Write down 10 things about yourself that you know to be good. Acknowledge yourself as an innately good person.
- Write down 5 things about one key person in your life that you see as their innate goodness.
- Write down 3 innately good things about one person in your life, even through you may be in a conflict with them.
Metta means ‘Maitri’ or friendship, one of the four higher emotions practiced in Buddhism. It is the invitation to be kind and meet every person in a spirit of goodwill.
Try this 7-minute meditation recorded during our Enneagram training workshops, to experience the quality of Goodness, as a loving kindness.
- Do I consider Goodness as my strength?
- In what situation do I find myself being good? In what relationship do I find myself being good?
- On a scale of 1-10 how do I rate myself as good and why?
- If I were to relax something that blocks me from being good, what is it? And what can I relax and let go, offer up to my higher-self, for release now?
Invitation to Commitment
- What attitude do I commit to, in order to exemplify Goodness in my daily life?
- What specific behaviour will I adopt, that demonstrates Goodness to me and others?
When you have 5 minutes to yourself, take the opportunity to tune into these powerful universal mantras, to spread the energy of goodness to yourself, your near and dear ones and to the world at large.
As you go through your day, kindly look for the good in each person or situation you encounter.
Co-author – Shakti Leadership