The Journey through
The Five Elements of Shakti Leadership
embodied in its Yantra (Power Symbol):
The central dot: Presence: a state in which you have nothing to defend, promote or fear and are completely at home in the moment
– Maps on to the Space Element as the still, witnessing state of consciousness itself, the emptyfullness
The inverted triangle: Shakti: the regenerative and creative womb and fiercely loving power that fuels all creation and animates consciousness
– Maps on to the Air Element as the freely available breath available to all life, permeating everything and of which there is enough for everyone
The bottom left triangle: Wholeness: the ability to balance, integrate, and unite all the divided and fragmented parts of oneself
– Maps on to the Earth Element, with the grid of squares representing the stable ground needed to anchor the remaining two capacities
The bottom right triangle: Flexibility: the capacity to flex between masculine and feminine power as the situation or context requires
– Maps on to the Water Element, with the grid of waves reminding us to remain in constant flow with the energies between all polarities
The top triangle: Congruence: to be centered, authentic and coherent, so that everything is in alignment with one’s higher purpose
– Maps on the Fire Element, with the grid of vertical lines denoting the focus and intense aspiration needed to stay true to our swadharma
The outer circle: The Heroic Journey: the journey of coming into our own power and becoming the person and leader we are meant to be
– Maps on to the ‘Cycle’ of the Five Elements that flow in Nature as a continuous descent and ascent of consciousness
HOW TO USE THE YANTRA AS AN AID TO MEDITATION:
In yogic tradition, a yantra is a geometric representation of Shakti;
meditating on which the power and capacities it represents are activated within the meditator.
The central dot is called the ‘bindu’ and serves to unify and harmonise the Self.
FOCUS – BREATHE – AFFIRM – THANK:
Focus on the bindu while keeping the whole figure in your awareness.
Inhale and open up to the Higher Self, exhale and offer up your ego to this void
Affirm: “I AM here now; All I need is within me; All I need comes to me; I AM whole and I flow with ease; I AM my purpose manifest”
Close with giving thanks for Shakti’s grace, guidance and protection on the journey.